hello...welcome to my blog...

Friday, May 13, 2011

our week at CHOA

Well we have made it from Friday to Friday and we will make it to Wednesday with a partial smile on our faces. Will we cry? Yes! Are we homesick? Yes! That just means we will enjoy our time at home with brother and daddy that much more. Here's a recap of our week- we finished our (not really our) radiation this week and dont have to go back for 6 months. Yay!! That's the good news, the bad news was Sarah tested positive for an infection, which is now gone thanks to the wonderful world of medicine. However we must stay here unless I want to be taught how to become a 'home nurse' in 1hour, which i don't, I had rather us stay here, with true professionals that know exactly what they are doing without ...guessing, which that would be me. Even if it requires shedding a few tears daily. We are strong girls, at least Sarah is I have to give myself a strong pep-talk daily, lucky for me Sarah was born with a wonderful stubborn streak that im very thankful for!! ...Most of the time...lol! Ok ...all the time. Besides she keeps me on my toes. Another bit of good news is doctors are rethinking Sarah's chemo schedule which is good, hopefully due to a break between cycles, she will have time to build her counts up, and have some kind of fun outside the hospital...fun in the sun, being with friends and her favorite cousins is what she loves to do, oh yeah...and sing karaoke ....it would seem i got off track as usual with the story of our week at CHOA, but be thankful because it spared you from hearing how much we cried and how homesick we are...til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment